Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mon 5/6/2013 8:26 AM

This last week was really good except for Monday because my companion and I had food poisoning.

We have been working like crazy lately to fix the member missionary relationship because the ones here before were too much in the friend zone and the work slowed way down.  The good news is that we have been getting everyone excited about the work and our sheet for members to come out with us has been filled two times over now!   We are going out with members for everything. Teaching them how to better teach and receive revelation for the families they visit and really just for themselves as well in their own lives.

There are two awesome experiences I wanted to share with you. The first one is about an older lady whose name is Ana.  She is in her 60's and lives in the shelter home here.  She is from Puerto Rico and more about her I am not too sure since we have only met with her once.  I have not seen someone more ready than she is for the gospel!  The English missionaries told us about her because their ward mission leader met her and talked to her and she wanted a blessing.  We went to go give her one and gave her a Book of Mormon and explained it briefly to her.  After the blessing she was so grateful and especially excited for the Book of Mormon.  The next day she came to church and wants to get baptized.  She is one of the most amazing women ever!   All we have to do is teach her the lessons and make sure she understands exactly what it is she is doing because we want to make sure she is truly converted to the Gospel.   Anyway, that is that and her grandson who is 11 wants to be baptized as well and that will be something for the English missionaries because he knows more English than Spanish.

The second happened last night at a part member families house.  A little bit of a background.  The dad is not a member, the 13 year old son and mom are, but less active.  The dad has received all the lessons, like twice, and so we have been focusing more on helping him to gain the desire to stop what he needs to and get baptized. Before going in we prayed with such intent for the ability to know what this family needed especially Pablo and we felt we needed to read a chapter with them and we chose the Psalm of Nephi in 2 Nephi 4.  Before we started, the wife was a little sick so we asked if she wanted a blessing (The lesson before was about the priesthood and we had a member bear his testimony on how it has blessed his family's life), so we gave one and the whole time I was praying with everything I had that the Spirit would pour out in that room and that she would start feeling better.  I prayed that my companion would say what the Lord would have him say and the Spirit entered the room so strong.  We could tell that Pablo saw us do this and it got his attention.  After that we started our lesson with a prayer and began reading.   After reading the chapter we asked everyone what they liked about it and we applied it to their lives.  Since my companion is going home this transfer and I still have a long way to go, I have been heading everything.  As I moved forward with faith and opened my mouth the words came out and I don't even remember what I said completely, but I do remember it was just pure testimony.  The spirit was so strong in that room and then my companion jumped in after me and bore his testimony confirming mine.  I remember us expressing our love for this family and why we were there. in a way that Christ himself would have.  The love of the Lord was present and for some reason I felt something come to mind that just kept pressing itself on me.  It was to have each family member think of something they truly love about each individual in their family and share it. The result of this was the Love of the lord filled the room and the Mother in a sense was awaken to her duty as mom and promised us before we even got to ask that she would gather her family without fail to read and pray together.  As much as I try, I cannot do this experience justice.  To be able to see where the dad has come and this whole family since we have been meeting them for 2 weeks now is incredible.  There is nothing better to see the light of the gospel start illuminating the lives of others.

My testimony of this wonderful gospel increases each and every day, especially when I have experiences like these.  There is nothing more wonderful and beautiful than inviting others to come to know what I have come to know and to see that light increase in their countenance.

Yo se que con my todo corazon y alma este Iglesia es la Iglesia de Jesucristo resterado en la tierra hoy de un propheta Jose Smith.  Yo se que tenemos un propheta en la tierra hoy.  Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero y es el evangelio de Jesucristo en la plentidud.  Yo se que Jesucristo vive y como magnifico este conocimiento es. Por que El Vive puedemos superar todas las cosas por medio de la gracia de Jesucristo.  Yo digo estas cosas en el segrado nombre de nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo, amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment