Monday, July 8, 2013

Mon 7/8/2013 10:44 AM


For July 4th we did service in the extremely humid heat, then we came home completely exhausted and dead, planned a bit, then went up with all the missionaries in our district and ate at a member's house.   Played volleyball, basketball, then went with the Sullivan family to play ultimate frisbee and watch the fireworks.  It was really, really nice. 

This past week there has been a lot that happened, too much to write about!  I think I want to focus on yesterday.
 
We confirmed Milena, which was an awesome experience.  After sacrament we taught the youth. a last second thing since their teacher wasn't there.  That was awesome.  They just got back from a Pioneer Trek and had a good experience.  In short, we related that experience to them being pioneers today and helped them see their potential.  As we spoke I felt the Spirit speaking through us so powerfully! After that we had a lunch with a LA and we are teaching her and her daughter to get them ready for baptism on the 26th of this month (it is very hard to have a full fast in the Spanish program!).  
 
We got to ride our new bikes that we got last week (they are old, and in very bad shape due to previous accidents) and we rode everywhere.  We stopped and talked to a man named Kenny who waved us down, and he was interested.  All the things he was saying to us lined up with what we believe, but he didn't want a Book of Mormon, but accepted a Pamphlet. It was a nice little discussion we had.  Then we continued to visit with some of the Potential investigators we have.  I don't think I have ever sweated as much in my entire life as we did that day.  We finally got an appointment for this week, so we are so excited.
 
We met with a bunch of people on the way home and are currently working with a couple to help them get married so the lady can get baptised and the man get the Priesthood.
 
We are starting a Bible study class as well and are working to get it advertised so we can get all people, members and non-members to come to it and hopefully spark some more interest.
 
There is a lot of good stuff happening here and transfers are coming up =/.  I hope I will be able to stay a little longer, but if I get transferred, then oh well, it will be where I need to be. 
 
I am so grateful for all of my many blessings, and I can see that the Lord is helping me learn the language so quickly, more quickly than I ever could on my own.  As time goes by, and when I don't worry about it, I am just speaking more and more spanish and understanding more and more.  It truly is remarkable.

I want to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true, I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that he lives.  I know that this is His church and His work and that all who come unto Him can come to know a peace and joy they couldn't come to know otherwise.
 
I know that those who believe in the Bible and are willing to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true will find out for themselves of its truthfulness.  I ask you to please put to test my words and find out for yourselves these things.  I leave this with you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment