Monday, September 9, 2013

Mon 9/9/2013 9:12 AM


This past week has been really good.  There has been a ton of planning involved, serving and some teaching.  It is truly a great blessing to see the Lords hand in His work and to be able to receive inspiration concerning the things that we need to do in this area to get the work moving.
 
We have been in daily contact with the missionaries in our ward, and since we have been working so smoothly with each other things are going well and the work is going great!
 
Last night was a great lesson.  We had Hermano Alfredo and the other Elders come with us (an awesome member) and we ate dinner with La familia Cruz.  The mother is active but all her kids are inactive/less active.   We only had about 10-15 min to prep before hand at Hermano Alfredos house, but it went really well.  Elder Freeman and I shared a couple of scriptures and explained them. Then I felt prompted to go share part of my conversion story, why we are here and a scripture in 3 Nephi 9:13-14.  I love this scripture so much because it is Christ inviting those who once came unto him, but turned away, to come back.  The Spirit was there as we explained this and we were able to get their attention.  It was a wonderful experience, for which I am glad for. I hope that they will continue pondering the words we spake through the Holy Ghost and that as we continue to work with them we will be able to bring them back.

On Sunday we taught the Young Men on how to resist temptation and what it truly means to be a Son of God.  It was a great experience and amazing to see how  the Spirit touched their hearts. I love working with the youth, and am so grateful that I can relate to them, and because of my experiences I can better help them.  We also had a young man help us teach who isn't even a member of the church.  The only reason is because his Father won't allow him until he is 18.  He did really well and has a great testimony already.

Today I was reading in 2 Nephi chapter 33.  It is such a beautiful chapter.  There is too much to share that I loved, but one verse really stood out to me and goes hand in hand with why I am here.  It is verse 6 and it says:
 
6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

Brothers and Sisters I know that with all my heart and soul that Jesus Christ is the light and life of the world and that he truly is truth.  I have tasted of His love and that is why I am here.  For he hath redeemed my soul from hell and as Nephi, I will rejoice in my Lord and glory in Christ for he truly does live, and because he lives there is hope.
 
I invite all of you to turn to Christ and seek to come to know him as I have, for it is the greatest blessing in my life.  I leave you all with my love and this testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment