Monday, October 28, 2013

Mon 10/28/2013 9:13 AM


Well, there have been a few highlights from this last week I would like to share.
 
Friday we had a trunk or treat that our branch and the English ward combined for, but I didn't go because Elder Pope and I were on exchanges with the Zone Leaders that night. 
 
I was in Groton for the Day.  I was with Elder Cooney, who is pretty awesome and very smart.  We met a lot of people who are in the Navy.  One of them was a young family where the wife is a member and the Husband isn't, but he pays tithing, works with the young men and really is just an awesome guy.  We also met with a lady who fell away from the church growing up.  She is in her early 20's and has a young child and she has felt the need to come back to church.  Her husband is out to sea right now, but to see the determination she has to come back, for herself and her child, is amazing.  It was even more amazing to hear how all these things started coming about for her.  The Lord truly knows each and everyone of us perfectly and His hands truly are in our lives guiding us.
 
Saturday night we had a little spanish dinner activity at the church where everyone brought unique dishes from their country.  There were a whole lot of non-members there that night and all had a pretty good time.  There was a younger family there and the fathers name was Jose.  I started talking to him and he loved the whole evening.  He was astonished at how well we spoke spanish and as everything was wrapping up he waved at us and wanted to come to church the next day!  He was a really awesome guy.
 
On Sunday we combined with the English ward since it was the Primary Program.  It was so amazing!  The Spirit that was there was incredible.  I always love hearing primary children sing and share their testimonies.  It touched my heart so deeply.  There truly is a sweet spirit in little children and there is so much we can learn from them.

My heart has been filling with gratitude day by day as I continue to see the Lords hands in my life more and more, guiding me all the day long.  This transfer so far has been very hard, but I am so grateful for that.  The Lord has been stretching me a lot to make me into what I need to be and it is a great blessing.  I can see how He has been blessing me with the grace of my Savior, Jesus Christ to carry me through.  Giving me the enabling power to do what I my self could not do alone.  I know that as we seek to know and learn what the Lord has in store for us, we can come to know more of the great love He has for each and everyone of us and the great plans he has in store for us.  I can see now that He truly is preparing me physically, spiritually, and emotionally for things to come; that my desires to follow Him increase each and every day and that I am now looking forward with an eye of faith to the things that will come.  I know that it will help me to become a better provider, a better husband and a better father down the road and aid me in all the things that I may seek to endeavor.  
 
I encourage all of you to seek out daily, through sincere prayer, what it is that the Lord wants you to know.  I promise you that as you do so you will come to know even more than you do now, that you are a Child of God, that He knows you and loves you perfectly and truly does have a plan for you, which is rightly called the plan of happiness.
 
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World, and that He lives.  I leave these things with you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment