Monday, November 25, 2013

Mon 11/25/2013 9:38 AM


This last week was busy meeting with people before Elder Pope took off.  Transfers were amazing!  I was able to see so many of the people I have become so close to and my heart has been swelling with great gratitude for the opportunity I have had to meet and become friends with so many wonderful people.  My heart rejoices, like Alma the Younger when he saw his friends again, the Son's of Mosiah, in seeing how far they have come and that they are still his brothers in the gospel. 
 
As I previously said, it was transfers! Elder Meservy and I are having a great time together and are honestly feeling a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to get done here, along with a great excitement because of the potential this area has.
 
This Sunday we also finally have a Branch Mission Leader!  He is a member in the Branch Presidency and his name is Moises (Moses in English).  He is a return missionary and an awesome guy, so we are stoked to work with him.
 
This last week we had a Thanksgiving Talent Show which was a lot of fun.  It sure was interesting having Hispanic style turkey!  It was actually pretty dang good!  There were also a whole lot of non-members there; it was a nice little turn out.  We weren't able to stay for the show though.  It got started too late.  I was going to sing in it, but we had to get back home.  As we went out to the car it was SNOWING!  Unfortunately none of it stuck.  It has been getting a bit chilly over here.  It was 19 degrees this morning without the windchill and it was pretty dang windy.
 
Yesterday was Pop's birthday and that was a lot of fun with a great beef stew and Reese's ice cream cake.  We have been having a whole lot of fun and good time working hard as well.  Also, we have stumbled across a pretty fun game which I would encourage those who love to laugh and act out ridiculous things, to look for.  It is called Hilarium and is an awesome game.

I do not know what more to say other than, I LOVE and am GRATEFUL for this wonderful gospel!  I LOVE and am GRATEFUL for all of the wonderful people the Lord has placed in my life, especially my wonderful family!  I LOVE and am GRATEFUL for the opportunity to be on a mission, to share the wonderful message of the gospel with others!  I LOVE and am so GRATEFUL for the LOVE that our Savior has for each and everyone of us and that he gave his life willingly, that we may once again return to live with him!  I LOVE and am GRATEFUL for the Book of Mormon!  Every time I pick it up to study it and squeeze the juice out of it, my understanding INCREASES; the LOVE, EXCITEMENT and GRATITUDE I have for this gospel and desire to share it with others INCREASES! 

For all of you reading this, I want you to know that I know this gospel is true.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church fully restored on the earth today and that we are guided by The Good Shepard who is Jesus Christ, through the loving Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  I am so GRATEFUL for the LOVE, PEACE, added strength and Spirit the Spirit of GRATITUDE brings into our lives.  I know that as we seek to see the Lord's hand in our lives and our many blessings from him and our loved ones, our GRATITUDE and LOVE will INCREASE as a result.
 
There is so much power in GRATITUDE, brothers and sisters and I hope with all my heart and with all my soul that we will search for the Lord in our lives and therefore find him and all the many things He has done for us.  I know this is true. I leave these things with you in the name of our LOVING Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment