Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wed 3/26/2014 10:19 AM


Hmmmm, where to begin.  Well, first off, I just want you all to know that this last week was pretty dang awesome!  We will start with transfers.  We are currently down to a 3 Elder apartment and are in a trio.  It is Elder Wenner, Hunter and I.  Elder Bastida got transferred to Greenfield, MA to die on his mission in 6 more weeks.  Sister Kemp got transferred to Gardner, MA and we are getting Sister Romans, who I hear is a lot of fun and a great missionary.  She was in Elder Lefthand's district before this, so I have information coming from a good source.  So, now we have a lot more work to do since we are down a companionship, so it will be awesome!

This last week we got a baptismal date with Rosario for April 20th and are currently working, trying to get a date for her children, but there are some issues we have to handle with her ex-husband.

We got Jessica Boyd to church with her boyfriend and two daughters, which was awesome and she told us that she has some friends that want to come to church as well, to change their lives around.  So, it looks like we have some good potentials coming our way!

We did a lot of prepping people for General Conference coming and there has been such a sweet and powerful Spirit assisting us as we have sought to prepare them for this amazing time of year when we can listen to a prophet of God and all the other men and women he has called to lead his church.  "We Watched Conference," has something for you, by Jeffrey R. Holland, which is a little 3 min. excerpt from a previous conference talk of his that is packed with such a powerful spirit of love.  I invite you all to watch it and then seek to prepare yourselves for conference so that you to can receive that little prophetic epistle just for you. 

Elder Jones, our Zone Leader (who is awesome) got transferred to btw., but, before he left he gave me some very valuable advice on how to finger pick the guitar which was awesome! =D.

I met Jose this week for the first time and he is really a pretty cool guy.  He got out of prison and we are helping him to find God in his life and come to feel the power of the Atonement as well.  I am really looking forward to hearing from him.

Since Sister Jacobson is a Sister Training Leader, she was on exchanges with Sister Hileman in our area.  Sister Kemp was with Sister Brown, also working here as well.  A lot of awesome stuff happened in that exchange.  Sister Hileman and Jacobson met with Juan, an investigator whose wife is a member.  All of us have been having a hard time with him when it comes to the gospel.  Well, let's just say it was one of those powerful lessons where there were tears involved.  I wish I could have been there.  I do not feel how everything happened was a coincidence.  I believe that lesson was very well needed and that Sister Hileman needed to be there for it. She had already established a great love for that family and relationship with them that I believe only she was able to connect that way with them.  It is amazing to see how the Lord works.  As time goes by and after the many experiences I have had on exchanges I have felt more and more that truly there are  opportunities for us to find and connect with those that we are suppose to find.  For example, Sister Sullivan and her family.  Even though I was on exchanges that day, it opened up so many doors.  I have grown to love that family so much as a result even though I haven't had the chance to get to know them as much as the missionaries working with them.

Well, I am running out of time.  I just want you all to know how grateful I am to be able to be here on my mission.  I know that this truly is the work of the Lord.   I have had so many experiences that have humbled me greatly to where I know even more now, than I did before, that truly the Lord giveth and he taketh away.  I have been coming to realize my powerlessness without the Lord.  Truly, everything that I am, all of the talents, gifts, abilities and attributes I have are the Lord's.  I have been realizing that more and more as time goes on.  I remember before my mission I thought that I had come to know the Atonement pretty dang well and had come to know my Savior pretty well also because of the experiences I had. Well, I was wrong.  I have been experiencing the power of his Atonement in ways I have never before thought of and He seems to never cease to amaze me with His perfect love and willingness to forgive and forming us into who we need to be.  Truly He is the Master Gardener here and I am grateful that He loves me enough to have cut me down so that I can be who He intends me to be.

I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and Redeemer who is Jesus Christ.  They want the very best for us and see us not as we are now, but rather as what we can become.  I invite you all to look to them, pray and ask them to help you see who you truly are and your potential as sons and daughters of God and to watch General Conference.  I promise you that those of you who accept this challenge and prepare for it now will come to feel the great love that God has for you and receive a personal little prophetic epistle just for you and the things you are going through in your life at this time.  I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment