Monday, June 16, 2014

Mon 6/16/2014 8:40 AM


A lot has happened this past week and I do not have my planner with me, so I will do my best to remember all the things that happened.

Yesterday, on Sunday we had a great day.  During church in Sacrament Meeting we watched a Mormon Message - Earthly Father, Heavenly Father.  It was different watching it during Sacrament Mtg. with a projector, but it was cool.  I love that video.
After church our original appointments fell through, but did for a purpose.  We went home and waited for a member to drop by dinner.  After we got the dinner we ran into Henry's daughter Adelle.  Henry was our Land Lord who passed away a little more than a month ago.  His kids have been in and out fixing everything up and taking care of things.  We hadn't met her before and so we started talking.  She invited us in so she could give us her number and everything.  We started talking and the death of her father and mother came up.  The Spirit was so strong as we were able to talk to her, express our love, and help bring peace to her at this time. She shared the experiences she had right before her parents passed away.  The one about her mother jumped out to me and was pressing itself on my mind and wouldn't go away.  She said that before her mother passed away the thing that brought peace to her was her mother said she saw angels in the room and that they had a book and were preparing her for something.  The whole time after she brought this up, The Book of Mormon kept flashing in my mind and how we believe that after death all those who have not had the chance to hear and receive the gospel will have the opportunity after this life.  We shared with her our testimonies about what the gospel means to us to know that we can live with our families for all time and eternity and that death is not the end and that we know exactly where her father and mother are.  We then expressed how we wanted to give her something, so we ran upstairs, got a Book of Mormon and a Plan of Salvation Pamphlet said said a quick prayer and ran back down the stairs.  I remember  sharing with her how much The Book of Mormon means to me and how as she brought up that book her mother talked about the thought kept pressing itself on my mind to give her this book.  I then told her why and that I felt this was the very book of which she spoke.  It was a very powerful, tender moment in which we all shared tears and enjoyed a great peace.  She accepted the Book and the Pamphlet and said she would always cherish them and start to read them. 
Later that night we went into East Boston and met with Mike, our 21 year old friend who is awesome.  He is a carpenter and travels a lot.  He has been to many other countries and is just an awesome guy.  Before he left for the Dominican Republic last week we had a great talk with him over the phone about a mission, which was guided completely by the Spirit.  Anyway, we talked with him, sharing our conversion stories and how we came to be on missions today.  It was an amazing visit.  He expressed all of his concerns, doubts, and fears.  He has been trying to change his life and has had a really tough one, but the Lord was there helping us with him.  We had some good success with him and I think with time he will actually go.  I know that when he does go and gets that answer, he is going to be the means of so much good because of all the experiences that he has had and just how he is. 
Earlier in the week we were on exchanges and so I was with Elder Tait in my area.  Our appointments canceled on us, it was pouring outside, we got soaked, but it was an awesome day.  We talked with EVERYONE we saw and got so many return appointments. There truly is a different Spirit that comes in missionary work when you strive to talk to everyone instead of having tunnel vision going from point "A" to point "B."  We had a great Fathers day breakfast, and many other great visits during the week.  I wish I had more time to write it all.

If only I could express even the smallest part of what I feel about this amazing work!  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church restored on the earth today. There is no doubt to me that it is true.  I know he is very involved in his work and is preparing our brothers and sisters to receive the fulness of his gospel.  All he asks is for us to "doubt not, fear not, but believing".  As we move forward and put our faith and trust in him and talk to everyone we will come to see the truth of the promise in D&C 84:88

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I know that is true.  I invite all of you reading this to think about one person this next week that you can share the gospel with.  I promise you that as you do so prayerfully and out of love, you will feel the truthfulness of this verse.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment