Monday, August 18, 2014

Tue 8/12/2014 9:26 AM


Well, there has certainly been a whole lot that has transpired the past several weeks.  I am currently in Central Falls Rhode Island in  a newly formed Spanish Branch.  The members are amazing and the leaders are great as well, but there is so much to do!  Before I get into all this stuff I want to hit on some things that happened in Revere before I left. 

My last P-day there in the morning it was raining incredibly hard and a huge storm came.  We called our Sisters to see how they were doing and they said it was really, really bad where they were.  It turns out that two tornado's touched down over there and did a lot of damage and shortly after everything passed the skies cleared up as if nothing had happened.  We then spent our P-day giving service to those in the area that were affected and helped cleaning up.  It was weird and felt like we were in a completely different place as we walked into Revere to get where we were going to help out.

The last week was filled with visits to the people I had come the closest to.  It was so hard to leave this wonderful area. I am very grateful for the Priesthood and the opportunity that I had to give blessings to those whom I care so much about.  I love the Priesthood and never cease to learn something new about our Loving Heavenly Father as I use the Priesthood he has allowed me to hold. 

Now to Central Falls.....My new companion is Elder Silva who has been out for a year.  He is not a native speaker, but is a great guy ( I am starting to think I will not get to experience having a native companion).  He is just like Nephi of old who has such a strong trust and faith in the Lord; he just goes out to work trusting that the Lord will tell him in the moment what to share with people and who to visit while we are out.

Our focus right now is on member work and working with the leaders because we don't really have any investigators, but we have a lot of potentials that we need to follow up with the members on.  I do know that this is where I need to be at this time and have felt the Lord confirm that to me many times as well.  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows each and every one of us perfectly and has nothing else in view other than that which is best for us.  I have felt their love, their presence and guidance in my life and am so grateful for that. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. That miracles are very real and still happen today.  I know that "they love us not because we are good but rather because they are good".  I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment