Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mon 9/8/2014 9:53 AM


This last week has been a pretty great week.  It has had its trials, but a week I am very grateful for nonetheless.  We unfortunately were not able to get a lot of work done in our area due to interviews, going to the Temple for an endowments session for a kid we worked with who is about ready to go on his mission, and then attending a baptism for somebody that Elder Silva worked with.  It has been a blast.  I was not able to have my interview with President Packard last Tuesday after emailing because he was running behind and had a HUGE meeting he needed to get to that night.  I will be going to the mission home in a week or two any way because Elder Silva will be getting a minor surgery on his knee and so Sister Packard wants us to stay the night up there afterwards since it will be in MA. I will get to have my interview then and pick our Mission President's brain a little bit ;).  I am looking forward to it.
This past week I have been overwhelmed with a sense of great gratitude for the greatness, love, mercy and wisdom of our Loving Father in Heaven, in His Son Jesus Christ and as well as the Holy Ghost.  I have found that I am starting to recognize things I had never before really taken notice of in my life.  Those small and simple things.  For example, on Sunday I was overwhelmed as the opening prayer was offered in Sacrament Meeting as I opened my eyes and looked out at all of the faithful Saints who were in attendance, all with their heads bowed down coming together to worship their Savior and learn more of him, united in their faith.  I have felt an overwhelming appreciation for trials that come into our lives, no matter what they may be, where our faith is tried.  I have been learning more and more of the importance of continued faithfulness to things the Lord has previously told us and as we do so the great peace that comes into our hearts as a result.
As time goes by on my mission I seem to be learning more and more of two things each and every day.  That is, the truth that Satan is real and that Jesus Christ is indeed the Savior and Redeemer of the World, who came to deliver us from bondage, whatever that bondage may be.  I am so very eternally grateful that amidst all of the trials that go on in our lives, we have a Comforter and Guide in all things.  I am so grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  That wonderful member of the Godhead to teach us and guide us in this life as we but rely on him.
The other day Elder Silva and I were talking to this girl Josselyn, who will be leaving on her mission this Tuesday for Salt Lake City.  As we were talking, this member from the English Ward came and started talking to her, giving her some tips and pointing some things out to her.  One of the things he said really stuck out to me and is VERY true and something that I think and feel I should bring up to all reading this.  He said the reason why new missionaries in the field are some of the most powerful in teaching, and just awesome missionaries, is because they really don't know anything and so need to RELY on the SPIRIT (Holy Ghost) more to help them.  Now this isn't just applicable to missionaries, but every single one of us.  I feel that if we all took time to slow down a little bit and really think about the things we have learned, the experiences we have had, and humbled ourselves in the depths of humility, acknowledging our nothingness before God and our great need for him (Mosiah 4:11), we would start to feel this sweet, guiding influence of the Spirit even more in our lives.  This wonderful companionship will be with us in ALL that we do as long as we live worthy of it.  If we truly want the best in our lives, for us and our families, we would be wise to live our lives in a way that we are ALWAYS susceptible to the divine guidance and heavenly influence of this member of the Godhead.  Can you imagine how much better our lives would be if we TRULY counseled with the Lord in all our doings?- Alma 37:37.  No matter what decision we are making in life, no matter what we want to learn, to do or become, we have a wonderful, loving, perfectly wise and all knowing Father in Heaven who is so EAGER to help us!
I love my mission so much and for the many things I have been blessed to learn from others here and that the Lord has taught me through the Power of the Holy Ghost.  I am not perfect and have a long way to go in order to keep progressing and becoming who the Lord would have me be, but I am so grateful that the Lord loves us enough to give us the Gift of the Holy Ghost, even that Member of the Godhead to lead us to ALL TRUTH.
It is my prayer that we all may seek to find ways to court the Spirit, to be humble enough and more receptive to its influence and make the necessary adjustments to do so.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church restored on the earth once again.  That miracles have not cease.  That God still talks to his children in this day and age and that ALL can come to know all things through the Power of the Holy Ghost.  I am so grateful for the process the Lord allows us to go through in order to keep learning and progressing.  I leave these things with you and pray that you may be blessed with whatever guidance and things that you stand in need of in your lives, and do so in the sacred name, of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment