Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mon 10/6/2014 9:21 AM


This past week has been pretty productive, so we have been able to get a lot done.
 
This past General Conference was amazing, at least the parts that I was able to see, but I know that the whole was great as it always is.
 
Yesterday Elder Silva and I went out to Worchester for conference because in between the sessions one of his previous investigators was being baptized and she had asked him to perform the baptism. It was a wonderful treat and experience to have a baptism between the conference sessions.  We stopped by a lot of the members homes to say hi and it was a blast.
 
This past week we went out on splits with the members and were able to get some Home Teaching appointments done and we also had some good appointments with our investigators.  Milvia y Isaac are doing good and we almost finished the Plan of Salvation with them.  They have some really good questions which is great and allows Silva and I to prepare really well for them.
 
Oswaldo y Vilma are doing good as well and it is neat to see the light of the gospel in their eyes increase as we are meeting with them more and more.  
 
Hugo, our friend from English Class came to the Priesthood session of conference as well which was nice to see him. We also had our first meeting with Johnny who is acting as our Branch Mission Leader and that also went pretty well.  We are prepping for the open house this coming Saturday in which we will have the Portable Visitors Center there in both English and Spanish, so that will be awesome and I am looking forward to that.
 
There are a lot of great things going on in the work here and I am excited to be a part of it.
 
Because time is short today I will have to end my email.  I know that this is the work of the Lord and that it will keep moving forward.  I know that He works through the small and weak things to bring about great things.  I am so grateful for family and friends who stand up for what is right and help me to remember what is truly important. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment