Monday, November 3, 2014

Mon 10/27/2014 10:34 AM


This past week has been busy with Elder Silva getting transferred and everything else going on.  I have had a great time with Elder Silva and am sad that he is gone, but happy because I know New London can use him.
My new companion is Elder Sanchez who is from Mexico, but grew up in New Jersey, so is not too far from home!
This past week has been great!  We got a new car, so now we are driving a 2014 Chevy Cruze, which is tiny, but nice.
This last week EVERY single one of our investigator appointments canceled, which has been a bummer and we have had a lot of other appointments cancel as well.  It has just been one of those weeks I guess.  Even with all the cancellations, it has still been good though.
On Saturday we had an activity called "La Noche Cultural," where we have people from all different countries come and bring food from their country.  We had performances and music.  It was a blast!  We had Alfonso come (a non-member) who we haven't been able to meet with for awhile and he said he has read all of the first book of Nephi twice!  We have a return appointment for this week.
We also have been getting a lot of good potentials and referrals, so hopefully our teaching pool will grow.
Everything is going great, but I am a bit sad because at transfers I got to see a lot of my good friends go home. Everyone I know has died now.  I am happy though because they are getting on with the next part of their lives.  Elder Blackburn. my MTC companion, is now in my District, so it is looking like we will die together :-).  Other than that, things are going great and there is a ton of work to do. 
This morning one of the sisters was sick, so we went over to give her a blessing of health.  She had asked me to give the blessing and so I did.  Afterwards she called me and thanked me for being worthy and in-tune with the Spirit, saying that she feels so much better, and that everything else I said in the blessing is exactly what she needed to hear.  I am so grateful for the Priesthood and the opportunity that I have to hold it.  I am grateful for the opportunity that the Lord gives me to be an instrument in his hands.  I feel like the more time goes by, the more I get use to the Spirit to where it is harder and harder to recognize as strongly.  I think that is the beauty of it.  As I have pondered this I have simply come to the conclusion that as we strive to have it and follow it, it changes our very nature to where it does not need to tell us EVERY thing that we must do because our Father in Heaven knows that what we will do will be in harmony with what the Spirit would have us do. 
I know that this is the Lord's work, that he has a living Prophet on the earth today and his name is Thomas S. Monson.  I know that as we strive to live our lives in a way to place all we are at his feet, we will truly come to find ourselves .

Elder Salerno

No comments:

Post a Comment