Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fri 3/8/2013 5:41 AM

Thanks mom for sending me a package. I haven't gotten it yet.

I have been taking pictures, but I'm not the best at taking them, so it's a good thing my companion is a real picture kinda Elder!

It's so crazy that I go out in the field on Tuesday!  I can't wait!   A little nervous but really excited.   Before I started sharing some things I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for me as a mother. I am very grateful for EVERYTHING so thank you very much. I have been studying my patriachal blessing and every time I love when it says that I chose the family I came into.  Looking at it at that perspective I know why I chose you as a mother. So thank you again.  I love you very much.

I want you to know I am leaving for the airport on tuesday around 6ish and my flight leaves around 930 945. So I might be able to call you (they allow it), so just have your phone on you just in case.

By the way, I really would like my water bottle and if you could find time to go through my old scriptures and look around on the table where they are to collect all of the little notecards that I have been using and maybe if you can print out a talk for me and send it to the mission field in Boston. The talk is by Elder Jeffery Holland in conference 2012.  The one about the apostles turned again to Galilean fisherman.  I think it's titled if you love me  or something like that.

Anyway, before I go I just wanted to let you know that,    
I know that with all my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church fully restored on the earth today.
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God.
I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and with the bible together they testify of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I know that those who sincerely seek to know if this church is true, and who pray and ask God WILL receive an answer of it's truthfulness.
I know that God knows each and every one of us perfectly and exactly what we stand in need of and is ready to help us if we just turn to him.
I know with all my heart and soul that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer, our Savior and that he lives!
I leave this testimony, this knowledge, with you, in His name, even the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.
If there are any of those who are reading this who are struggling with their testimonies, who have none, or those who don't have a clue to what I am testifying about, I invite you to find a Book of Mormon, read it, ponder it, and ask God if it is true. I promise you that as you do so with real intent wanting to know, He will answer you and when He does you can come to know a peace, joy and happiness that you never thought was possible!  A peace, joy and happiness that can only come from God.
So once again, I CHALLENGE you to put my words to the TEST.
Elder Salerno
PS:  For a free copy of the Book of Mormon, go to www.lds.org to request a copy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment