Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tue 5/28/2013 10:51 AM


AHHH LUCKY!  I bet the new Star Trek Movie was really, really good!
That's great to hear about the index class!  As time goes by I wish I knew how to do family history work as it's really cool!
If you can find a pic of Porter Rockwell, Joseph Smith's body guard, would you please email it to me?  A missionary has a song about him and it is really cool.  I never knew about him until my mission - lol!    
So this last week was awesome but more specifically the past few days!  We had Zone Conference on Friday which was amazing to hear about all the things going on in the mission and especially all the new things we are doing now.  We are starting a new digital mission with the cyber missionaries we have in our area.  One of the Elders here who has great organizing skills was called to organize and help set it up.  He is literally pretty much doing the equivalent of starting a small business with the tasks he has to do - it's pretty amazing.  We also found out that one of the missionaries we have serving as a cyber won a huge hacking contest in the country and got offered jobs starting with big money, but he decided to come out on a mission first....very, very intelligent. Anyway, it's so cool to hear about all that is happening in the mission.

Then on Sunday we had 2 baptisms in our district.  One was from our branch for a 9 year old kid named Anthony and the other was Trumbulls ward for a 20 year old name Jamiel.  Then we have 2 scheduled for this next week for Ana Acevedo and her grandson Terry that we have been teaching.

Yesterday for memorial day we got to finally go to the Temple in Boston.  It was so amazing!  It is extremely beautiful and my understanding was opened so much in there and it was an awesome experience, especially because now my ability to do more than I once could has increased!   Also as we were leaving I wanted to go back to get pics and as we did this lady Elder Hawks taught awhile ago was there and she saw him and started crying.  She then said Elder Hawks!  I have something to show you and then she pulled out her temple recommend that she had been working very hard for and the love that was present at this time was incredible.  It is truly wonderful to see people's lives change from the gospel and to see them develop that relationship with Christ.

This last week we went on a lot of exchanges and I stayed Spanish speaking every time which was awesome.  I love it because the companion I was with during the exchange doesn't speak Spanish so I have to do all of it! =D.  The Spirit was present so much and I was able to communicate the things that the Lord would have me say.  I love when we prepare for a lesson all we can and we are going to take it one way and then next thing you know you are taking it a whole different way because the Spirit is speaking through you and giving you the words to say.  It is so amazing.

This week and then next week are the last I will be with my trainer Elder Hawks.  He is going home and I am sad to see him go, but excited for him to get on with the next chapter in his life.  We have become pretty close and especially lately.  We have taught each other a lot.  It sure is going to be weird once he leaves and I have to get a new companion.
This last week I have gotten pretty close to Elder Lefthand, he is an awesome Elder in our district and he and I see a lot of things the same way and want the same thing for this district.  He is a very humble elder and believes in lifting others higher and helping them have the desire to do better.
Anyway, since I don't have that much time today to go into more details about this last week I want to leave you all with my testimony.

I know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the Church that Jesus Christ established himself when he was on the earth and that it has been restored fully on the earth today.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God and that he truly did take upon himself not only our sins, but all of our sicknesses, infirmities, pains and everything that happens to us in this life that's just not right.  I know this because I have tasted of his love and I have felt his presence so many times in my life.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and "..oh, sweet joy this sentence gives...I know that my Redeemer Lives!"

No comments:

Post a Comment