Monday, June 24, 2013

Mon 6/24/2013 12:53 PM


I'm glad to hear that girls camp went really well and you had a good time there.
 
Sounds like you had a really good time with Grandpa.  I miss them. I got a letter from Grandma about the card I sent her.  She is so loving, I miss her so much!
 
You will need to send me pics of the pics Uncle Paul and Aunt Janice took while on their trip to Italy.  I would love to see them.
 
Yeah, it is so cool about Alma and Milena getting baptised.  Plus, Milena's family is warming up to us which is good and will help open the door to getting their whole family into the church. Hopefully.

So, for as this last week......we were very busy!  A lot of things fell through, but there is always something to do.
 
We started teaching a 9 year old boy who wants to be baptized (we got permission from his mom).  His name is Bebo.  His grandparents are members so he comes to church with them sometimes.
 
We still have a lot of people we need to visit with from the lists we got from the branch, so we went ahead and started contacting them (or trying).  There was an inactive lady who lives right around the corner from us.  There was about 10 people out in front of her house hanging out on the stairs.  They said she lived there and that we had to yell to her to get a hold of her.  So we did, she replied, but didn't come down.  While we were there we started talking to the people outside her house and they were curious about who we were, so we told them.  I started talking to an old man who was in the Vietnam war and who believed in Jesus Christ, but man was his heart hardened, lol.  I thanked him for his service to our country and he started to give me the story of his family.  After talking to him we talked to a single mom with 2 kids and ended up giving her a pamphlet on the Plan of Salvation.  It was a good little discussion we had.
 
On the walk home we ran into two other people.  One guy drove by and pulled over asking us for the cards of Jesus and told us why he stopped us.  He was invited awhile ago to our church, but lost the address and so we gave it to him; got his number and will follow up with him.  It was pretty cool, and it just goes to show you that as long as you are doing your best and planning your days the best you can the Lord will put people in your path because he knows where you are going to be and when you will be there.
 
We then ended up talking to a homeless person who came up to us and started talking about things I wasn't even sure he knew he was talking about.  He didn't like the people who lived in Bridgeport, he made that very clear.
 
After this we ran into a bunch of people drinking and a lady called us over and wanted to get our number, a Book of Mormon and a card because she was curious about our church.  She also loved my name for some reason and the fact that she guessed it was Italian....
 
So, there have been a lot of pretty fun and awesome street contacting moments and even more yesterday of which I wish I had time to write about.  I love the people here so much and they all love us, they call us, "The Jesus People" lol.

On Sat. we had language training by Pres. Packard's cousin who serves as mission Pres. in Chile and it was mostly about how we can work with the culture.  We also learned a lot of really cool things that I am excited to apply when we meet with people.
 
Yesterday the Melendez family came to church and when I saw them there my heart filled with joy!  I love them and was so grateful to finally see them there.  After church there was a broadcast from the Marriot Center in Provo, UT about missionary work and it was awesome!  Oh, also on Sunday Elder Jones and I got to teach primary about baptism and repentance.  Oh how much I love those little kids.  They are so awesome!  There is truly nothing greater than to hear them answer, when asked why they want to be baptized, and hear them say, "because I want to follow Jesus..." oh what precious words. 

My heart is filled with such gratitude at this time for all that the Lord has done for me and is doing for me.  I can feel my heart expanding more and more each day and hopefully one day like Enoch, my heart will have expanded as wide as eternity!
 
To all of you reading this I would like to bear my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer and that he loves us and has a plan for each and everyone of us and that He lives.  We can come to see a glimpse of that plan and of our true potential if we but turn to him and do as he would have us do.  I know that as we read the Book of Mormon and ponder the teachings in it and pray and ask God with all sincerity of heart if it is true, we will receive an answer that it is true.
 
I ask, can you receive any greater witness than from God?  When you come to know of the truthfulness of it would you then decide to follow God who is your Father in Heaven who created you and who is perfect, who knows all things, who has all power in both heaven and in earth and who loves us beyond our ability to fully comprehend, or would you decide to turn your back on him?
 
I testify and bare record that there is nothing else in the world or in this life that can even come close to knowing of the love that our Father in Heaven has for each of us.  By deciding to choose him and follow him we can receive everlasting life and spend time and all eternity with our families and those whom we love.  I testify that if we follow him by repenting of our sins, being baptized by someone who holds the Priesthood and has the Authority from God, by receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to then end, we will continually progress and become more and more like him.
 
I plead to all that are not members of the church to put these words to the test.  Come and partake of the joy, happiness, love and knowledge which I have come to know and cherish in my heart and soul.
 
For those of you who are members of the church I encourage you to do all you can to remember the covenants you made when you were baptized to show God you would follow him by joining his church; taking the name of Jesus Christ upon you; to... "bear one another's burdens, that they may be light, mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those in need of comfort," to "Stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places," and to serve God and to keep his commandments. 

Live worthily to have the Holy Ghost with you at all times and in all places for that is such a great blessing in our lives, for it is through the Holy Ghost we can come to know the things of God, those things he wants us to know, have the ability to help others and truly endure to the end.  Look for ways to have it more abundantly and I promise you by the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which I hold and as a representative of Jesus Christ that this will be one of the greatest blessings in your life for you will come to know true peace, and joy.
 
"O that thou had'st hearkened to my commandments-then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea."

I leave these things with you in the sacred name, of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment