Friday, June 21, 2013

Fri 6/21/2013 1:25 PM

I don't have too much time this week to write about how everything is going, but it is going really well!

We have two baptismal dates for Alma - 7/713 (the one who was investigating for 9 years!) and for Milena - 6/30/13 (the daughter of Mariah who was baptized 2 months ago.   There have been a lot of awesome experiences this past week, but I want to focus on one for sure and maybe two.

For those of you who do not know, as missionaries we have a day once a week where we plan for the up coming week.  It takes a lot of time and is very tiring, but very worth it!  There is a lot of discussing; praying and a wonderful revelatory process.  After much time we were able to receive guidance on what exactly we needed to share with Alma for our visit.  It was on Moses 7, the part where Enoch asks God why he weeps.  We felt we needed to link it to the love that she has for her family for her to try and comprehend, in the smallest degree, the love God has for her. 
When it came time to go and meet with her we arranged for a sister who will be leaving on her mission soon to meet us there and help us teach.  As we taught through the Spirit, doing the things that Heavenly Father inspired us to share and teach, the Spirit was very present and took over!  It was awesome!  Alma finally opened up to us and expressed her fears and concerns and we were then able to address those concerns and fears.
Next thing I know, the Spirit took over and with the Spirit speaking through me I stated, "Alma, we are representatives of Jesus Christ and holding his Holy Priesthood, the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood, we promise you..." and then gave promises which I cannot remember.  Never at any time in a lesson or in my life did the Power of my calling hit home and the Power of the Priesthood hit home more than at this moment and especially after this visit.
After the promises that were stated, we then continued and invited her to pray right then, on her knees, with us to know if Heavenly Father wanted her to get baptized, and then promised her right then and there that if she would do it right then she would receive that answer.  She accepted and we got down on our knees and we explained to her that after the prayer we wanted her to take a few moments to ponder how she felt.  We prayed and remained kneeling waiting for that confirmation.  We then proceeded and asked her how she felt and she replied that she felt a great calm and peace.
The Spirit was so strong right then and my soul was filled with such joy I cannot come close to explain.  I then, with such a great love and eyes starting to tear up said, "Alma, that is the Holy Ghost confirming our words to you and answering your question."  We then extended a date and she accepted joyfully.  I cannot even come close to explain this experience or try to share the love and spirit that was in that room at that time.
I want you all to know that I know that Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us perfectly and knows exactly what we need.  This experience is a witness of that, and after 9 years Alma finally has a date and an experience that she knows she can never forget.
I would like to bear my testimony that I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and knows each and every one of us perfectly and knows exactly what we need.
 
I know that we ALL can come to know his great plan for us through striving to have his Holy Spirit with us at all times, in all places and doing our very best to always follow the promptings we receive from it.
 
Oh how great a cause we all have to rejoice, for He who overcame death even Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has restored his Church fully on the earth which includes His Holy Priesthood!
 
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that it is only through his Atonement we can overcome all things and once again return to live with our Heavenly Father.
 
Last of all, I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves each and everyone of us so much more than we can ever come close to comprehending.
 
I leave this testimony with you all in his sacred name, the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment