Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mon 8/5/2013 11:07 AM


There is so much to write about and not enough time, since we are all leaving soon to go bowling today and I was the last to get on a computer.  I will try to hurry and get everything in.

This past week has been really focusing on having members presents at our lessons with investigators.  This has been turning out really, really well.  Especially because a lot of the people we are teaching are referrals from members.  We have done a lot of praying for each individual and have received a lot of answers on things we need to do, so I am excited to be able to do those things. 
 
I have learned a few more songs on the guitar, and just working hard.
 
On Sunday we had a wonderful fast Sunday and there was a descent turn out at church since it has been slow lately, but it is finally starting to pick up.  It was at 88, and when people get back from vacations it should be back to around 100ish.  During sacrament as I was looking around a lot of people came to mind that I needed to talk to and start working with.  A lot being part member families.  So, we set up our planner with a ton of stuff to do this next week.  We are now going to be booked.
 
After sacrament we went with Gabe Maldonado (a youth whose girlfriend we are teaching) and a return missionary and helped a member move.  It was a great experience.  We didn't have time to change so we did it in our church clothes and stopped and talked to a guy who was curious about us.  He was interested in going to church and everything!  It was cool.  We got done around 4:30 and had to hurry and head up to the chapel in Trumbull to practice for the interfaith musical that night.  I was so nervous, but it turned out really good!  There were so many very talented people there!  It was amazing to see all of these people come together from different faiths but united in Christ.  It was amazing!  The Spirit and love that was felt in the chapel was overwhelming.  One of my favorite parts was hearing the primary kids sing.  It was beautiful.  They are getting CDs, so I will get one and send it out.  There may be video as well, but I am not sure.  It was awesome and the people who were putting it all together had a lot of opposition as they were trying to get it all done.  After much fasting they succeeded and it was truly beautiful.  We had Kayla's parents there sitting in front of us and the Spirit was just pressing on my mind to talk to them a lot that night.  After the performances there was a lot of dessert and goodies, and I talked to them quite a bit, they are very nice people. I hope we will be able to get that family to become interested and put these things to the test so they can come to have a greater peace and joy in their lives.
 
I have to go right now, but I want you all to know that I know that the Church is true, I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and as we all seek him he will come to us.
 
I know that the song of the righteous is truly a prayer unto the Lord and that we receive blessings as a result!  I love this gospel and being a missionary.  There truly is nothing better than serving other people.  I leave these things with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment