Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10/15/2013 11:27 AM


Well, New area!  I am currently in New London, Connecticut.  My new companion is Elder Pope, who has currently been on his mission for 4 transfers now, not much less than I have.
 
For P-day we went up to the temple since it was a Holiday, and so that was beautiful.  We did have to get up at 4 though in order to make our 8am session.  After that we headed into Boston and walked around.  We did a little bit of the Freedom Trail since a lot of our zone hasn't been up to Boston before and wanted to do it.  It was a pretty good day.
 
We have a branch with only about 20 active members that go every Sunday, and so we meet in the primary room for sacrament since the English ward has the same block as us.  The kids then go off with the English kids and we have two classes in Spanish for the adults.
 
The people down here are very friendly and I already love them. After church a family invites us and the English Elders over for lunch every Sunday.  Their names (or rather nicknames) are Pops and Sweetie.   They are really nice and bring a little piece from home to the missionaries in the area.
 
Today we had service at a food pantry that we went to which was a lot of fun.  The people we were working with are so nice and fun.
 
Other than that I do not have to much to reply about.  I am still trying to get to know everyone down here and see what needs to be done in order to hopefully get the work moving along.  I will keep everyone posted as time goes on though.
 
As I keep having more and more experiences in the mission, the more and more I realize how important it is for each and every one of us to love one another.   The love that I have for people now is so much greater than when I first started out, and I am so grateful for that.  As I strive to look for ways to serve others my love for those individuals increases and my ability to do things the way our Heavenly Father would have me do for them increases as well. It truly is a great blessing.  I would encourage all of you who may be feeling down for whatever reason, to look for and pray for opportunities to serve others.  I promise and testify that as you do so, your love for others and your own happiness will increase.  As you do this you may come to know that truly, when we are in the service our fellow beings we are only in the service of our God. This is my invitation to you, to come and join me in the great peace and joy I feel when doing this.  I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment