Monday, January 13, 2014

Mon 1/13/2014 4:12 PM


I do not have much time this week to write so hopefully I will be able to get some of the stuff in that transpired.
 
This last week has been pretty dang amazing!  At church on Sunday we had 35 people there and 9 women in Relief Society and 8 youth at church, 6 being from our branch.
 
We have been working like crazy and Ramona, one of our investigators, has finally been reading the Book of Moromon on her own and asking good questions!
 
We have been able to go out with our Branch President quite a bit which has been awesome.  He sure is dedicated in helping us.  He would be working in New Hampshire or Massachusetts, get off, drive home and come to help us visit with investigators and less actives.
 
The weather has been warming up here a bit which has been a little weird, but good.  We have been having good success coming our way and have picked up some of our previous investigators that we had before and then fell off the earth!  It's ok because they are back!
 
Today for P-day we went bowling which was fun.  Next to us was a small family and there was a very young, little girl who could hardly pick up the ball with both her hands so it was sure funny to watch her bend over to put it on the ground and push it.... She was actually doing pretty good and it was even more precious to see her do a little dance when she knocked down the pens... lol.
 
This last week as we were meeting with a part member family.  The husband is a non-member and is an awesome guy who is very committed already to the Lord and knows the Bible like the back of his hand.  Once he is able to give the truth a place in his heart I feel that he will decide to be baptized and be a powerhouse.
 
This past Sunday morning I had a rather important and beautiful experience as I was praying.  In the Lord's goodness and love He brought back to my mind an experience I had before my mission. An experience that was very powerful for me and one that I haven't thought about for a while.  As a result, the Holy Ghost taught me and increased my understanding of that experience and helped me to apply it to my life even more.  I have come to realize that so often in our lives we seem to ask to have some sort of new remarkable experience without really giving thought of one that we have already had; learning all we can from it.  It seems to me that the Lord has been teaching me lately the importance of REMEMBERING, something, that for me is very hard to do at times, but oh what marvelous things we can learn from these experiences if we but just take time to remember them! I have felt the power from remembering, and would like for those of you reading this do as I have and to remember those experiences you have already had.  There is always something that you can learn more from them and you will find as I have been that they will fill your soul with a new abundance of Spirit and with the ability to remember all that the Lord has done for you in your life.
 
I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ who love us beyond measure.  They have given us certain gifts, talents, abilities and experiences for us to share with others and as we seek to remember these things and do our best to learn from them, we will be strengthened in all areas of our lives.  We will have the peace of God even in the most trying of times.  I leave you all with this testimony and my love, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment