Monday, January 27, 2014

Mon 1/20/2014 10:54 AM


This past week has been incredible!  So much awesome stuff has happened I don't know where to begin.

W had our interviews with our Mission President, which was awesome.  Then we had a lot of great visits with members, less actives and our investigators.  On Thursday we went out with our Branch President to meet with a part member family (the man I described as the "not yet Paul.")  We weren't sure what to share, but then the thought came to mind to share the BYU Devotional by Tad R. Callister with him and his family.  That talk is very bold in the way where it uses the Bible to point out the organization of Christ's Church from the bible and how there is only ONE church today that fits that blueprint perfectly, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It addressed a lot of his concerns and questions as well, with some of the greatest questions and points I have ever heard.  The best part is that he was actually listening to it!  It was a very wonderful visit.  I hope that the things in that video are playing over in his mind and helping prepare a place in his heart to finally progress.
 
We had a great family home evening with a less active family who invited their sister who is less active and who's husband is not a member and their 3 kids are also not members and they are 8, 9 and 11 years old.  Also, Ramona, our investigator, was at it with her kids as well.  We watched the "Patterns of Light" videos for part of the message and Ramona wanted to watch the second one again!  It was a great opportunity.
 
There are so many more wonderful things that happened this last week as well that has been causing my heart to fill with such sweet joy and desire to sing the song of redeeming love with even more gusto than before (Alma 5:26).
 
This last week as well I felt I needed to start looking up ways to recognize and develop the gifts and talents that I have been given from our Heavenly Father to help those around me.  I am not close to being done yet but as I have found them and written them down  my soul has been expounding and it has been helping me to have yet another way I can exercise my faith in the Lord and better be able to help others come to him.  That is something that I would encourage each and every one of you to do, to start looking for the unique gifts and talents that you have and strive to develop them and share them with others.  I promise that you will find it will yield wonderful results, filling you life with more meaning, joy and happiness, for truly as we strive to magnify the talents and gifts the Lord has blessed us with, we will gain more and find more fulfillment in life.  It is important as well to remember that since we all have different talents that we should not compare ourselves to others when they seem to have another talent or gift that we do not. Rather, we should strive to develop the ones we have and strive to develop others as well.  For example, one of my wonderful sisters has the divine and great gift and talent of handling children, loving them and teaching them in very creative ways.  My other sister has a wonderful and great gift and talent of making people feel welcome and loved and is aware of how others may be feeling. These are two magnificent things, but cannot be compared to each other, for each is as important as the other because they are gifts and talents that are used to enrich the lives of others. WOW. I do not know where all that came from.  I am suppose to be giving an update and seem to be giving a discourse instead!
 
Well everyone just know that I love you all very much and am grateful for all that you do.  I do strongly encourage you to strive to come to know yourself better and our loving Heavenly Father as well by coming to recognize, develop and be faithful to those wonderful and beautiful gifts that each and every one of you has.
 
I encourage you to take time to remember daily all of your many blessings from the Lord and as you do these things you will find that your life will be enriched, that you will be filled with the Love of God, a love that will not fail you and will cause you to rejoice even in the most difficult of times as you strive to turn outward.
 
I leave you with these things and with my testimony that I know that these things are true, that we are all unique children of a Loving Heavenly Father, having our own special gifts to bless our lives more abundantly as we use them to bless the lives of others.  In the very sacred name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment