Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mon 2/17/2014 11:21 AM


Leaving New London was bitter sweet. I am so sad to have left everyone I had come so close to there, especially Ramona and her family.  I love that family so much, especially the little girl Ambar. She was so awesome.  Before I left we jam packed our days visiting everyone.  It was a great blessing for me to be able to give the people I love Priesthood blessings before I left.  The very last day in the morning Elder Meservy and I were blessed with the opportunity to give a woman a blessing who is pregnant and was in the hospital with a really bad gall blatter infection.  She was in a lot of pain and was scared.  She asked me what my favorite scripture was to help with fear.  I remembered Doctrine and Covenants section 6 towards the end. 

34 Therefore, fear not, little aflock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are bbuilt upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

 36 aLook unto me in every bthoughtcdoubt not, fear not.

 37 aBehold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the bnails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall cinherit the dkingdom of heaven. Amen.

I was then blessed with the opportunity to bear my testimony about our Savior and his Atonement and some of my experiences.  I can't come close to express the love I felt as I felt the Spirit enter in that room so strongly and saw tears run down this lady's face.  I remember testifying to her that He - Jesus Christ was there and would be by her side throughout it all.  Well last night Elder Meservy called me and let me know what happened.  The pain had stopped, and all these crazy things happened which left the doctors and staff speechless.  She should be in a ton of pain still and shouldn't be able to eat or drink.  After thinking about all the possibilities they then asked her if she was Mormon, to which she replied, "yes, yes I am." 
Being back in Revere again sure is different.  Everyone from my last district left and so it is all new faces.  Elder Somppi, my old companion, finished his mission.  I sure am gonna miss him.  I wish I could have served with him longer than that transfer.  He truly is such a special guy.  He bore such a powerful testimony before he left.  One of the most loving people I know. 

Now I am with his son - in the mission, Elder Wennar.  He is great!  He is one of the 18 year old missionaries and has been out for 4 months.  His spanish is already better than mine.  It is crazy.  The Lord truly is hastening his work along with those he has called.  I love him so much and it is funny he has bits and pieces of Elder Somppi and Freeman in him.  Mostly Somppi.  He has that wonderful Somppi laugh lol.  As for the work, there are so many new investigators and I haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet, but will this week.  Jack, our cop friend, is now investigating.  It was awesome to see him and the others I knew get excited for my return. Christian, one of the investigators we were working with last time I was here got confirmed at church this last Sunday, which was a nice little treat.
There sure is so much work to do.  That is great though.  I am going to do my best to work Elder Wennar to death. lol.  I am so excited to be back again. There seems to be something about this place that just draws me in, helping me realize on an even greater level how powerless I truly am without the Savior.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Savior and even more so grateful for the relationship I have developed with Him and continuing to develop with Him.  This knowledge brings such great comfort to my soul.  For truly He is the Great Physician, who's hands are perfectly steady and experienced as He himself suffered all of our pains, sicknesses, infirmities, and injustices of every kind, both spiritual and temporal.  He allows us to feel the sorrow and pain so we can much more enjoy the peace and joy that He brings.  My trust in Him grows each and every day. Yes there are dark days where everything seems so overwhelming and where I may feel completely lost, but truly as we move forward with faith, no matter how small and insignificant that faith may seem to us, He grants us his guiding light one step at a time after we take that initial step into the unknown.

There are so many miracles around us if we but look for them.  I leave you with my testimony that I know with everything that I possess that Jesus Christ,is the Son of God. He is our Great Physician, our Savior and Redeemer.  He lives and truly what joy and comfort that sentence gives.  I leave these things with you all in His sacred name, even the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment