Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mon 5/12/2014 8:39 AM


A lot has been happening lately.  It seems like it is getting harder and harder to differentiate the days, let alone the whole week :-), but last weekend we had a baptism!  It was for this awesome lady named Veronica who is in her 20's.  It is very rare to find someone so ready for the gospel.  A little background on her.  Our Sisters got a phone call from a member in Texas who gave them Veronica's number after he had been working with her.  The sisters starting meeting with her and she set her own baptismal date for the following week.  Now, normally we don't just go ahead and baptize someone, but she had all the lessons and was ready.  I had the opportunity to interview her and ask her all of the baptismal questions and it was a very special experience.  I remember the sweet Spirit that came as I sat down with her and she answered these questions correctly and knew everything she needed.  The baptism was very beautiful, especially the part as she came up out of the water.  I do not think that will ever get old to me, it sure is something to see these people's countenances change as they become new people.  She had a friend come with her, whose heart was a little hard in the beginning, but ended up crying because of the Spirit that was there.
We had an awesome Mother's day breakfast.  All of the men, and us missionaries got to the church early and made breakfast and served all the mothers.  The Spanish culture sure knows how to party, that is for sure!  It was a blast.  They had a lot of the mothers come up and had them do karaoke and dance.  It was pretty funny.  Sonia, a recent convert, and her non-member mother came and then also came to church as well, and loved it.  I am starting to feel that it might be about time to start meeting with her and see if she is interested in learning more about the church, so that will be pretty awesome.
We had transfers come up, and so now Elder Hunter and Wenner got transferred.  Wenner is in Framingham and Hunter is now in my old area in New London!
With that said, Ramona (investigator that I found in New London) is getting baptized this coming Sunday!  President Packard gave Elder Meservy and I permission to go down to attend and also to stay for Stake Conference because Jeffrey R. Holland will be speaking!  It wil be awesome!
My new companion is Elder Cathcart and is from Glendale AZ.  He is awesome!  He has only been out for 4 months, but his Spanish is so good already.  This last week we also got in contact with the Lapop family again, finally!  Oh how I love them! They were a less active/inactive family that Elder Somppi and I were able to start meeting with when I was here in this area last and we were having good success with them, but after I left, the missionaries lost contact with them.  This week we are planning on a Family Home Evening with them and Rosario at Rosario's house!  It will be awesome!  We met with Rosario and found out more about what is holding her back and committed her to talk to her boyfriend about her desire to be baptized and everything.  She said she would, which is huge! 
Skyping home yesterday was pretty awesome as well.  I am so grateful for my family and my mothers.
There is a lot of good stuff going on lately, but Elder Cathcart and I need to make sure that we get organized.  It is something I have been trying to get done for awhile, but now we actually can.
I know that this is the Lord's work, that he is in charge and that all things are possible if we but turn to him and rely on him.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment