Sunday, May 4, 2014

4/28/2014 9:56 AM


This last week has been pretty eventful.  On Tuesday we had the opportunity to go to where the Book of Mormon play was showing in Boston and stand outside and contact everyone.  It was such a blast!  There was one man who I went and talked to that had already seen the play before and hated it because it mocks not only us as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but all religions.  He only came back to see it because his girlfriend, who hadn't seen it, really wanted to.  It was a pretty amazing experience that I was able to have to get to know him, his beliefs and then share with him the story of the Restoration and bear my testimony to him as I taught him.  There was a point where he started to get pretty teary eyed as I bore my testimony on how this has changed my life.  The Spirit that was there was so strong.  Then his girlfriend came and I started to share it with her as well.  There were so many other great conversations like this one where we were able to plant seeds and help others understand a little bit more what we actually believe.  One of my favorite parts of this night was that this elderly couple drove up and and asked for help with getting the elderly man out of the car and into his wheelchair.  I jumped on the opportunity.  His name is Al and hers is Mary.  After I got him in the wheelchair I offered to push him to their seat in the theater.  It sure was something else to see other people's reactions as they saw a real missionary pushing a man to his seat in the theater that was making fun of us.  As I was doing this I just felt this great love for Al and Mary as well as everyone else I saw. Mary and Al sure were something else, and meeting them and serving them was the highlight for me of this night.  As I left, a lot of the workers were very friendly to me thanking me for being willing to help them out.  It is cool to think about how many seeds we were able to plant this night with everyone we came in contact with. 
 
Another great thing that happened was that we were able to attend a city clean up service project with the church.  It was cold, rainy, but a blast and the mayor drove around and met with us and we got a picture with him.  Then after the service there was a huge BBQ at the City Hall in Revere.  This was another great opportunity for us to talk to people.  As I was in line I started to talk to a guy named Mike who is in his 30's and just opened up his own lawyer office. He is a very friendly guy and had a lot of really good questions for me and so it was my pleasure to answer them for him.
 
Some other really good news is that we picked up 3 new investigators this week.  One of their names is Carlos who was actually a former that we contacted again and answered a lot of his questions and taught the Restoration.  We have an appointment with him again this week and he is making us Pupusas, one of the most delicious foods from El Salvador.  The other two are Nidia and Casandra.  Nidia is one of the ladies that walked into church a few Sundays ago and we gave a blessing to and Casandra is her daughter.  It was just a "get to know you visit," where we were able to answer questions and teach part of the Restoration.  The other lady, whose name is Dunia, that we gave a blessing to, wants to come and learn as well.  So this next week we will be able to teach all three and hopefully pick one new investigator up.
 
On Saturday after the service project we met with Rosario and had a Family Home Evening with them.  Her boyfriend was not able to make it unfortunately, but that is ok because we have another one planned for this Saturday as well.
 
This past week has been an amazing week in which I have had some very wonderful spiritual experiences where they Holy Ghost has helped increase my understanding of a lot of things.  I am so grateful for the great gift of being able to have the Holy Ghost with us always.  I know that God lives, that he loves us and is aware of us and if we but seek him we can come to know Him and how great this knowledge is!  I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment