Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mon 7/21/2014 10:30 AM


This past week has been fantastic!  So many great things have happened!  I'll start backwards so that way I can hopefully remember at least the big things that happened.
 
Yesterday, was a pretty bust Sunday!  In the morning we had the opportunity to give blessings to our Sisters.  I am so grateful for the Priesthood.  This experience for me was one of the more touching experiences while giving a blessing.  I remember as I placed my hands upon their heads I was overcome with a great love that the Savior has for each and everyone of us.  I started to ball as I thought about all that He did for us and the wonderful gift He has allowed me to hold, that being his Holy Priesthood.  As I continued on with the blessing it was no longer me, but rather Christ telling her what she needed to hear.  I was but an instrument in his hands and my heart is filled with such gratitude because of that experience.
 
After the blessing we all talked for a little bit to figure out what we can do for Sonia since her baptism is this Saturday and she is having huge doubts about being ready for it.  It has been hard to see because of how much she has changed and us knowing that she is ready.  After sacrament we went with Hermano Paula to get Sonia's son Chris to come with us to meet with her and try and help her out.  We got to his house and she ended up being there!  Long story short, we gave them the sacrament, talked about baptism and helped her see the huge change that has come into her life and that she really is ready and gave her a blessing of health and in that blessing many things were told to her through the Spirit.  Afterwards, she still felt she wasn't ready, but that is ok, we aren't giving up on her yet!  Satan sure is working hard on her and that is evident, but it comes down to her praying and getting that answer directly from Heavenly Father now.
 
After this we went back to church, gave more blessings and then met with Bishop Iverson with the Sisters.  After that we were able to go out to visit a member's husband who isn't a member who has a tumor and she just had a baby.  It was yet again another wonderful experience.  I love teaching about the Priesthood = ). 
 
After this we headed home and started dinner at 7.  Since we have an hour for dinner, after we ate, we sat on the couch.  Elder Cathcart started to study a little bit and I had the phone out following up with people.  Next thing I know, is that we woke up at 10:15 then scurrying to get numbers ready to send them to the Zone Leaders for reporting.  Yesterday was one of the most draining days I have had on my mission and one of the greatest.  It is amazing to me how Priesthood blessings, when giving multiple, just zaps the energy right out of you.

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the Temple with the Sullivan family down from Trumbull, CT as they got their endowments out and were sealed as a family for all time and eternity.  It was a miraculous experience and one of the most joyful times of my mission.  To see the growth this amazing family has made and to see them sealed together was by far my favorite part and words cannot even come close to try to explain the joy and happiness I felt as I was able to witness that.  I remember clearly before we got to the Temple and how Satan had thrown every single thing in our way to try to frustrate us and keep us from getting to the Temple.  The hardest part was when we got to Alewife, the last train station and the bus we were told to take didn't exist.  We only had 30 min before the session started and so we called ALL the taxi companies in the area and they all said they couldn't do it because they don't pick up at train stations, which to me didn't make any sense.  Anyway, as frustration and desperation started to come full force my wonderful companion knowing how much this experience meant to me was like, hey let's just walk around this last corner and see if we can't get lucky.  We did and we just so happened to find a cab!  We got there 6 minutes later.  I am so grateful for that and for him and because of the love that he has for me for not giving up and as a result getting us to where we needed to go.  Truly the Lord prepares a way for everything good in our lives.

We had another opportunity to go to the Temple this last week as well with our Ward Mission Leader, Hno Paula who is one of the most passionate and loving guys out there.  We were going to take Sonia to have a lesson outside, but it was raining pretty badly.  The Sisters brought Veronica Sanchez, a recent convert, and we all did baptisms.  It was a great experience.

I have to get going now, but I want you all to know how grateful I am for the opportunity to hold and use the Priesthood of God, that He has given to man to bless the lives of his children.  I have learned so much by using it and am continually learning from it. 
 
I know that Families are the most important unit in the World and that through a loving family the love of God is manifest.  I am so grateful that we have a loving Father in Heaven who allows us to be able to be sealed with our wonderful families for all time and eternity, meaning that we can continue to live with those whom we love after death.
 
I know that it is through the Temple that we can learn, live and become who we need to be in order to once again return to live with Him and our families for eternity.  I invite all to go to the Temple.  Go often, especially with those whom you love.  If you cannot enter into the Temple, go anyway and enjoy the wonderful Spirit of peace and love that can be found on the grounds.   It is the house of the Lord on the earth today.  I leave these things with you and this invitation, in the sacred name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment