Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mon 4/1/2013 7:47 AM


Easter was really, really good!  I loved it so much!  My companion found out during our meeting with our Branch President that our Mission President turned us over to them and said we can hold any calling they need filled and that if that happens we can then be in that area for a year!  It is pretty cool to think about.  Later for church we did something in every block, lol!  In sacrament they called us up to bear our testimonies on the Savior and it was a very spiritual experience for me.  The spirit was so strong!  After that we taught sunday school to youth from 12-18 about the Atonement. We watched "The Lamb of God" and then my companion turned the time over to me. The spirit took over and all the things I learned about the Atonement in the past two years came back to my memory. Some of the youth started getting teary eyed and it was just a very very spiritual experience. There is nothing grander than to know by the Holy Ghost that Christ took upon Himself all our sins, sickness, infirmities, and everything that is unjust in this life that we will go through. "Which suffering caused myself even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every poor and would that I might not drink the bitter cup and shrink." - D&C 19:18.  To know exactly what the Savior went through because of the love he has for us, is so amazing; that we can be forgiven of our sins, receive peace and comfort and hope during any trial we go through in life.  It is so amazing.

Later on in the evening we baptized a lady named Maria Lopez. She is so nice and patient with me tryin to understand her lol (speaking and understanding the lang. are completely different things especially with so many different spanish dialogues in our area), it was an amazing experience! My first baptism and we are going to baptize her 20 year old daughter in 2 weeks as well. One of the things I loved is when we asked her about how she felt right after she was baptized, words cannot even explain how much love I felt for her and the Spirit that was present. The joy, the peace, the strength she felt because she decided to follow our Savior Jesus Christ and his example and be baptized by those who hold the proper priesthood authority of God is so wonderful. There is nothing greater than seeing those you love follow Christ's footsteps because you know how much it will bless their life.

I have to go relog, my time is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment